Hob Osterlund is the founder of Kauai Albatross Network, a third year Safina Center Fellow, and author of the book Holy Moli, Albatross and Other Ancestors; now in its third printing by Oregon State University Press. She is an award-winning writer and photographer, who live’s on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.
- Martha Warren Beckwith dream in 1979 that changed your life.
- Kingdom of Bhutan
- Practicing nurse for years, why is humor important for healing
- Life cycle including courtship, nesting, ocean wandering Moli.
- Ratio 29,000 birds per person and your visit to Midway.
- Missile range and egg adopters.
- Current threats to nesting Albatrosses on Kauai?
- Kauai Albatross Network.
- It was Kaluahine’s daughter Kaloakulua who put on the show, tell us about the Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s live ” TrossCam” and the lessons she taught the world.
- Hawaiian mythology drips from the pages of Holy Moli.
- Albatross Cure Effect.
Special Thank You goes out to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology Macaulay Library for their generous support to BirdCallsRadio in this show for the use of the audio recording of the Laysan Albatross, Phoebastria immutabilis recorded on Midway Islands and contributed to Cornell by Chandler S. Robbins.
Mentioned In Episode:
BirdCallsRadio additional information:
BirdCallsRadio ON THE GO! Subscribe & listen to our podcast for Mac users at Apple Podcasts; PC users at Stitcher, Google Play. Including both for Spotify and iHeartRadio on any device automatically so you won’t miss an episode; and please leave us a rating and review if you would be so kind! We appreciate it!
Subscribe to our FREE Newsletter and be part of something greater. Stay up to date on all our episodes and exclusive offers by clicking here on BirdCallsRadio and scrolling to the bottom and sign up with your email. All emails are confidential.
To Support BirdCallsRadio & Podcast DONATE NOW