Nancy Grant is a working journalist and researcher, as well as an active naturalist. Her special area of expertise is the electric power industry and she have over 350 scientific and technical articles published since 1986. These skills along with accurate field notes enabled Nancy to capture in great detail the places and things she saw. Sharing trip photos on social media led to the desire to share these observations with others.
- Tell us about how you planned for this trip and what you brought along to meet your goals.
- You met some interesting people along the way, your book you’ve chosen to not use their real names. Why?
- You give a talk entitled “On the feathered trail. Birding the friendly way.”
- Food preferences of the birds you observe, and how they hunt for that food. You are also careful to include details about your meals, and that you sought out food at one-off establishments rather than chains.
- As a woman, traveling alone, what, if any, special precautions did you take to ensure your safety?
- What advice do you have for others who contemplate a road trip for the birds?
- Note taker, your process for taking field notes, what elements you were especially keen to document.
- Visited Goose Island State Park in Texas. Your philosophy and the items you bring along with you.
- Where do you want to go next?
Mentioned In Episode:
BirdCallsRadio additional information:
To Support BirdCallsRadio & Podcast please DONATE NOW
BirdCallsRadio ON THE GO! Subscribe directly on Apple Podcasts; Stitcher; Google Play; Spotify; iHeartRadio to our podcast for Mac, PC & Android users emailed to you automatically so you won’t miss any BCR podcasts; and please leave us a rating and review if you would be so kind! We appreciate it!
Subscribe to our FREE E-Newsletter and be part of something greater. Stay up to date on all our episodes and exclusive offers by clicking on BirdCallsRadio and scrolling to the bottom and sign up with your email. All emails are confidential.