Lisa A. White is an executive editor at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. In addition to the Peterson Field Guide series and the Kaufman Field Guide series, she has edited books by Pete Dunne, Lang Elliott, Tim Gallagher, Bill Thompson III, Scott Weidensaul, and Julie Zickefoose, to name just a few.
She completed the MassAudubon Birder’s Certificate Program in 2015.
She enjoys representing HMH at various birding festivals throughout the year; stop by and say hi if you’re at one!
Lisa lives in the Boston area with her husband, two sons, one dog, and two indoor cats.
- Your current station at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- What exactly does an Executive Editor do?
- Major steps in the creation of a non fiction title.
- Preparing the material and then seeking a publisher.
- Difficulties an author, working with a publisher, must overcome.
- Obstacles the author/editor team must overcome.
- What role author agents play in the publishing process.
- Co-Editor, Good Birders Still Don’t Wear White, your 2nd book.
- What great subject is still awaiting its author?
- How have digital outlets impacted your business?
- Potential for growth in the digital marketplace.
BirdCallsRadio additional information:
Subscribe to BirdCallsRadio iTunes